In pain? Injured?
Recurring injuries or niggles?
Can’t take part in your chosen activity or sport?
Want to be more robust?
Who Needs Sports Therapy?
Sports Therapy is useful in a number of different situations:
- If you have a specific injury that is affecting your sporting, work or home life
- To treat general issues with pain that you believe may be caused by muscular, postural, mobility or movement issues
- You want to take steps to make yourself more robust and prevent future injury in your chosen sport
- To learn how to improve your strength, mobility and movement to enhance your sporting performance
What is Sports Therapy For?
Sports Therapy aims to:
- Rehabilitate and prevent injury
- Restore levels of…
- Functional fitness
- Occupational health
- Sport specific fitness
- Ensure pain-free living
What To Expect
Every session is tailored to the individual, however a general pattern is usually followed. First we will discuss the background of the injury to determine any possible causes. I will then carry out an assessment to determine the precise nature of the injury. Finally comes the treatment and rehabilitation plan. This will be a mixture of manual therapy such as sports massage, and recommended exercise – all customised to your personal circumstances and fully explained and demonstrated.
All clients who see me for an injury will receive a follow-up document by email over the following days. This will summarise the findings of the session, cover any questions that have arisen, and include reminders of all recommended exercises.